1. One of the Version Control System (VCS)
2. Git is Open source.
3. Originally developed in 2005 by Linus Torvalds (Creator of the Linux operating system kernel)
4. It will works well on a wide range of OS and IDEs
5. Distributed architecture.
6. Git will helpful to track the changes with in the computer files or projects or folder (where we initiate the GIT )
7. Git will more helpful when multiple members try to access the files (or) sames files & folders.
8. Keep on log/maintain the entire history who made done the changes in the files & folders (because of VCS).
9. Following are the main key reason to use GIT
10. More info refer wiki & Git document websites.